Sitting at Frankfurt Airport

I am sat here in Frankfurt airport with a long wait for a my flight and I always find myself people watching. I wonder where they are going and where they are from.

On another note, I wish the kid sat behind my would shut up crying or moving about. Go buy it some sweets or something. It is making baby noises and it is about 10. Hope they aren't on my flight. The parents should notice that they are annoying everyone around and sort them out.

Anyway, where was I?... You see people in airports with 3 or 4 bags for hand luggage when all airlines allow 1, 2 at most. They always have huge bags or cases too and the airlines wonder why the overhead storage doesn't have enough room for everyones bags. That really pisses me off. Seriously, enforce the hand luggage allowance!

4 hours wait for my flight left. Some airports you can pass the time quite well, but not this one. It is quite depressing and I want to strangle the kids behind me. Now they have started singing something over and over again.

I wander away for a bit and a few hours later so through security assuming that there will be more things to do there. Nope, it is worse after security than before it, plus you are screwed as you have to stay there. Ate more food for something to do. Must have gained lots of weight these past days. Pretzels, meat and sausages are all so lovely!

1 hour left until we board now. Sat at the gate as there are only a few shops and they are just horrendous. Never wanted to get home to the UK as much as I do at the moment, and I HATE the UK, so that is really saying something.

Once I eventually get back to the UK, I have an hour train journey home. Crazy seeing my flight from Germany is only 1 and a half hours.

I have used the underground metro train system in a few countries now, and Frankfurt was the worst to work out where to go. Usually it is so simple and you don't need to speak the language to know where to go. This one just doesn't make much sense!

It was weird that my driver from Frankfurt airport to Mannheim, that works for Lufthansa was from York. For some reason he thought I was initially from the USA lol, I WISH!

Neither of my German hotels had aircon and one was a 4 star hotel. Really odd.

Half and hour left now until we board and I am getting more and more excited about leaving. Loved the food here in Germany and will miss that.

Staff stood behind the counters now, nearly time to leave!

Comments